Trenton Public Schools Announces
Schools of Choice – Limited Enrollment
The TrentonPublic Schools will open a limited Schools of Choice Program for the 2013-2014 school year. This program is open to students who reside in Wayne County only, pursuant to the State School Aid ActMCL 388.1705, Section 105.
Why Enroll in the Trenton Public Schools?
1. Awarded Full District Accreditation in June2011 by AdvancED (the national version of North Central Accreditation)
2. Boyd W. Arthurs Middle School awarded a “Schools to Watch” school by National Forum (joining only 13 other middle schoolsin the State of Michigan)
3. Kindergarten and 1st Grade class sizes in the mid-20’s
4. MEAP scores consistently above state and county averages
5. A variety of enrichment classes and extracurricular opportunities for students of all ages
6. Eleven (11) Advanced Placement classes andthree world language offerings at Trenton High School
7. Award winning music, band and fine arts programs
8. Division and state championship team sports
9. Over $2.5 million in scholarships awarded to the THS Class of 2012
10. $47million in bond improvements focused on safety, efficiency, and technology
Number of Vacancies
Enrollment Period: Monday, April 22, 2013 to Friday, May 10, 2013
Completed applications are due to the Administration Office by 4:00p.m., Friday, May 10, 2013
Neil E. Van Riper Administration Building
2603 Charlton Road, Trenton, Michigan 48183
Applications available at the Administration Office or on the districtwebsite: www.trentonschools.com
A lottery will be held if applications received exceed number ofvacancies available.