Technology & Accounts
When you started at Trenton you received a Trenton User Account and an Email Address.
Those accounts were used to access:
- Network Drive H/ Shared Drives / WIFI
- Other: MISTAR, MyPaymentsPlus, Frontline, SMART (EVoucher), ORS, SchoolPay, Website, etc…
Your access to those services will end when you leave Trenton Schools.
Turn in all technology items issued to your building administrator.
Please do the following to prepare for your future.
- Set up a personal email account
- Change/Notify all contacts, accounts, and apps, using your school account (replace with a personal account)
- Two Factor Security, Social Media, Online Services, etc…
- Set Vacation Responder message with your new email account prior to leaving
- Update any account recovery info that lists your trenton address
- Use Google TakeOut to transfer your account to a personal one
- Move any files you wish to keep (if you saved to your “H” drive or Desktop)
- To your Google Drive (before you use Google TakeOut)
- To an external USB Drive
- Transfer ownership of shared google files
We wish you well with your new endeavors.
Trenton Technology Department
- Set a Vacation Responder message to inform senders of your new email address.
- Log into your Trenton email, click on the clog (settings) and select General.
- Scroll down to Vacation Responder > Check Vacation responder ON,
- Subject: “I’ve Retired”, "Moving on..." etc…
- Write a message that includes your new email address.
- Set the first date as the day after your last day. You do not need to set an expiration date, as the account will end at the same time your email service ends. (July 1st)
- Google TakeOut
- Shared content
- Notify others to copy any shared data they wish to keep
- Change permissions on any shared items
- Change Ownership of a File or Folder
- Click on the file/folder.
- Click Share.
- Share the file with the designated person and click the Down arrow.
- Click Make owner.
- Click Save changes.