- Trenton Public Schools
TPS Food Services
Download >TPS Food Service USDA 03.13.2020
March 13, 2020
Dear Trenton Community:
Starting on Monday, March 16, through Friday, April 3, Trenton Public Schools will provide food service meals (breakfast and lunch) to ALL students residing in the District, 18 years of age and under, free of charge.
Trenton Food Service, under the direction of Chef Brian Bahr, is able to provide two (2) USDA reimbursable meals daily for each child. This will include:
- A breakfast meal which may include string cheese, fruit, grains such as a cereal bar, and drink.
- A lunch meal which may include deli meat sandwiches, vegetarian options such as cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, and drink.
To maximize outreach, Dean Transportation will support the delivery of these meals by
- Operating the Arthurs Middle Schools PM bus routes Monday through Friday. These six (6) routes start at 3:00 pm daily. A middle school bus schedule can be found at https://www.trentonschools.com/Page/561 on the Trenton Public Schools website (www.trentonschools.com)
- Two pick up stations will be available from 3:00pm until 4:00pm at the following stops:
- Bristol Hills Apartments (Bus Stop)
- Southwick CO (Ilene/York)
- Operating a drive-up station from the high school loading dock from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm. The loading dock is located in the West Road parking lot on the south side.
- The district is looking to add an additional route around Hedke Elementary area if the need arises.
* Routes times are anticipated to be longer due to added time to distribute meals.
** Friday pickup will include meals for three breakfast and three lunches.
Our goal is to provide a minimum of 500 meals daily to our youth during this time of extreme need. If you do not need meals yourself, please share this information with others in our community that do. You can keep up to date by joining our district Remind ® service for text message updates. To join our educational community, text the number 81010 with the message – @ ttps2020
Superintendent of Schools